Monday, November 3, 2014

Week 20

Week 20 has been my favorite so far!  I bought a book about twins and multiples at the beginning of my pregnancy, it outlines how important it is to focus on gaining weight for your twins.  I thought it to be far too daunting of a task to read that you should gain 20 lbs, plus some if you're underweight, by 20 weeks.  Well at my 20 week appointment last week, I had gained 22 lbs and couldn't be happier about it! 

I also began feeling the babies kicking.  I can't say for certain that I've felt both, but 100% have felt "Baby B" kicking several times.  Yesterday, W was even able to feel a tiny little kick and then at dinner, my mom and sisters were able to feel it too.  What a surreal feeling it is, to really have that life growing and moving inside you.

My sister bought an at home Fetal Doppler and we've heard the heartbeats several times on it.  It's a sound that I never grow tired of hearing.  We also got our confirmation that we are in fact having 2 boys, which thrills me so much!  I've bought a couple nursery items, now that I can say for sure that I won't be exchanging any items down the road.

So far, I haven't had any real cravings.  Certain foods don't quite sound good, but I can't say that anything has been at the top of the list, either.  I still have the taste buds of a little kid and could eat chicken with buffalo sauce and ranch every day and not grow tired of it. 

Sleep has been different.  I have to sleep on my side, and wake up with half my limbs asleep or cramping up a lot.  I find that some nights I wake up to pee several times, and others I'll only wake up once.  I am most comfortable with a pillow supporting my back and another supporting my stomach.  Poor puppy J hasn't been able to curl up with me like she used to.  Some nights, I simply can't handle her laying anywhere she might be touching me.  She seems to understand though, and is fine curling up with W or on a blanket next to me when he's gone.

"Baby A" is breech at the moment, but of course could turn at anytime.  What I find interesting is that he has been breech every time we've gone in for an ultrasound.  "Baby B" is our "presenting twin".  He is head down at the lowest point right now, which means he'll likely be born first.  At this last appt. Dr. D said that I have Placenta Previa.  This means that one of the placentas is blocking my cervix, which makes natural childbirth out of the question.  But this could change and move in time, so we aren't too worried about it at the moment.  I go back to see him in 3 weeks, and we'll check it then.

1 comment:

  1. So I have been a TERRIBLE commenter....but omg, twins?!?!? So amazing, I am so excited for you!!! I can't believe you are already half way done with your pregnancy, it's funny how time can feel so slow or in this case so fast. I'll be checking in with you and I'll try to comment more often!

    ReplyDelete