Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Plan in Place

I went to see Dr. P yesterday and my cysts are finally starting to dissolve!   He told me to stay on the Norethindrone and come back and see him mid May to make sure everything looks good and we'll get started on the FET process.  Expected transfer date is June 30th or July 1st or 2nd, if all goes according to plan.

I asked him why he wouldn't just start me on the BCP sooner and then I can start Lupron as soon as my marathon is over and he said my body would be out of whack and I could start spotting and he didn't think I'd want to deal with that while training.  I said I certainly didn't, but just wanted to do the transfer the soonest time available.  But he said let's just leave the plan as is.  Sometimes I don't understand why Dr. P makes the decisions he does, but I just have to trust that he's dong what's best for me.

Originally, when I signed up for the marathon, I decided I need a break.  I needed a break from ultrasounds and disappointments.  I wanted to just put my energy into something I could control and not stress about the upcoming FET.  So even though I am a little disappointed that I am 3 months out from it, I am looking forward to being period free these next couple months and to just relax and do the things we have planned.

Training for the marathon has officially started and it's going well.  I ran a half marathon with my sister and 5 other girls this past weekend in Zions National Park and it was gorgeous.  I didn't make the best time, but had to keep in mind this was just a training run.  I don't need to push myself to be faster, I need to push myself on the distance.  I've gotten to run more with B and that has been so nice.  We really have been great support and therapy for each other and I think it's what we both needed.  We have uninterrupted time to talk about anything we need to and I love it!  I run 15 this weekend!

W and I have continued working on projects around the house.  Painting base boards and trim and have plans to update the paint in the rest of the rooms in the house.  We keep bouncing ideas off each other for the 2nd bathroom update, but haven't been in a rush to jump into tearing into it, just yet.  We've decided to move outside while the weather is warming up, but not getting hot.  We are getting the house prepped to paint it.  W has been getting the windows sealed and adding small trim where it's needed.  I've tried to help where I can, but sometimes am just there to grab him tools and supplies so he doesn't have to go up and down on the ladder.  I've been working on scraping loose paint off of the house and trim.  We also would like to redo the shingles on the roof, but haven't decided if that will be a project we work on now or in the fall.  We definitely have a long list of things to do to keep us busy, so I'm sure the time will fly by and the FET will be here in no time!

No comments:

Post a Comment