Friday, March 14, 2014

Sunshine and Springtime!

After being down in the dumps for several months, I made a decision to take matters into my own hands.  I decided that if my cysts were still hanging around, then I wasn't putting off my plans any longer.  Well those cysts clearly like me, because they are still there.  So let the plan making begin!

I signed up for 2 half marathons and my first FULL marathon, all in a 2 month time.  I've been doing a bit of running, but mostly just a few miles on the weekends with my sister and calling it good.  So I've got my work cut out for me and I am motivated!  Is it going to be hard?  Hell ya, it is.  But it will be so worth it!  I have felt so good this whole week, and I am feeling my attitude slowly change for the better.  I am so pumped to push myself and to reap the benefits of running, once again.  W has been so supportive of me and that makes it that much easier to keep pushing myself.  My sister is the best trainer a girl could ask for and is my number one motivator and fan in all things running.

W and I completed work on our guest bathroom and are putting together plans for the main bathroom.  We will continue painting everything in our path, and I can't wait to see the results.  We are fixing and replacing doors and painting all the trim.  We are getting all new hardware for the doors and what a difference it's already beginning to make!

Today I am leaving work early to go catch my dad's soccer team.  He's been coaching MHS Soccer for over 10 years now and it is so fun to be cheer from the sidelines!  The weather is warm and sunny today, so I knew I needed to take advantage of a slow day at work and get some rays and soccer time!  Plus, I get to see my niece and nephew at the game, and they make me giddy.

I emailed Dr. P the other day to let him know my plans to get a few races in and asked him for advice on what our next steps should be.  I was expecting him to tell me to just wait and come in at the end of May to continue, but he didn't.  He told me to make an appt for the end of March and if everything looks good, we'll make my plans and work around my races.  Just when I thought I couldn't love my RE anymore, he goes and responds in the perfect way.  He seems to understand that life goes on and that anything he can do to help get me back to my "normal" self, he'll do it. 

W and I have made our budget and some plans for the year and if all goes well and how we are hoping, 2014 could be a great year.  It's really hard to see past all that we've been through and let go of the sadness/anger when it feels never ending.  But we find so much happiness when we make plans and goals and work towards making them happen.  This is when we are at our best, and so I'm excited for that.   I really need to try and put more focus on my life outside of IF, because for the last 6 months, I haven't been able to.  And it's time for a change.

No comments:

Post a Comment